Sunday, May 11, 2008

IF Electricity

Sometimes I feel like when I upload these colored pencil on black paper drawings I feel like they lose a lot of brightness and don't look as nice as they do on my computer. Anyway, this week Illustration Friday topic is Electricity. I thought of those cool Lightening bugs/Fireflies. I used to think if I touched one I'd get a shock! lol. I used to try to catch enough in a jar to make a night light, but that never worked, lol. I miss being a kid. Times were so much simpler. Enjoy.

11 comments:

NANCY LEFKO said...

great piece.....

Jane Loedding said...

Very nice...love the drawings on black!

carli said...

I have the same problem with scanned stuff. it never looks quite as good as the original. your originals must be amazing because even scanned it looks great. i love colored pencil on black paper.

atomicvelvetsigh said...

ohh i used to do that when i was a kid too.. there is a belief in my country that whenever a tree has many many fireflies.. meaning a "tikbalang" (half man half horse, with magical powers) lives there and these fireflies are the guardian fairies..

Vhrsti said...

You are perfect in drawing with color pencils! Deep respect!

Raluca C said...

great result in using pencils,you have a good hand!I like your idea,a good replacement for lightbulbs:))(but I´ll protest though for cruelty against animals:-)))!Best of wishes!

Itziar San Vicente said...

I do! I like your pencils on black paper!

rizal said...

great illo. I miss time when i was a kid too. :)

i think doing it on black paper brings out the lighting scene of that fireflies in the jar.

Kstyles said...

great illo.

thedoodlegirl said...

ooooh, I just love how you use that black background. So nice!

Tammie Lee said...

That is a really fun drawing.
I remember the fireflies fondly as well. It must be getting close to that time of year.